It’s finally time to kick back, relax and enjoy this wonderful season in South Dakota – summer! School is out, and impromptu patio parties are in. We wait all winter long to enjoy early morning coffees, midday happy hours and late-night bon fires outdoors, so let’s make the most of these gorgeous days!
At Oakridge Nursery & Landscaping, we know summer is all about neighborhood get-togethers, family reunions, and countless grill-outs with friends. It’s that time of year when kids dart from yard to yard and play all day, and when the office and the school-year routine see a change of pace. Everything seems to slow down, just a bit.
What doesn’t slow down though is entertaining! At any moment’s notice, your child’s group of friends or the lady next door could just ‘drop by.’ Or, maybe the entire extended family is coming to town for Jazz Fest? Whatever the ‘patio’ occasion, we’re here to help.
Below are a few of our favorite summer-time recipes and our freshest summer product, so you can come out to Oakridge, stock up and savor, in style, those wonderful summer moments that matter.
Oakridge’s Famous Peanut Butter S’mOreos
Ingredients (Serves 10):
– Fire Pit, Wood & Matches
– Skewers or Sticks
– Small Plate & Napkins
– 20 Oreos
– 10 Marshmallows
– 5 Tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter (slightly warm until pourable)
1. Place wood in fire pit and get the fire going!
2. Toast a marshmallow on a skewer or stick.
3. Place the marshmallow in-between 2 Oreo Cookies.
4. Set your S’mOreo on the small plate and drizzle with warm peanut butter.
5. Enjoy immediately!
Oakridge’s Summertime Sangria
Ingredients (Serves 4 cups):
– Pitcher & Oakridge Nursery Wine Glasses
– 1/2 apple, cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces
– 1/2 orange, rind on, sliced into small pieces (plus more for garnish)
– 3-4 Tbsp brown sugar
– 3/4 cup orange juice, plus more to taste
– 1/3 cup brandy, plus more to taste
– 1 bottle dry, red South Dakota wine from Oakridge Nursery
– 1 cup ice to chill
1. Add apples, oranges and sugar to large pitcher and muddle with a wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
2. Add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds.
3. Add red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavor as needed.
4. Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is, or with garnish.
5. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when fresh.
Our select Patio Party Products, only at Oakridge.
DOWNLOAD THE JUNE COUPONS HERE!
Decorative 3D Metal Signs
Price: “Happy Hour” $99.95 – “Wine” $43.95
Adirondack Patio Chairs & Decorative Pillows
Price: Chairs $160 & Up – Pillows $16 & Up
Unique Fire Pits & Birch Logs
Price: Fire Pits $140 & Up – Birch Logs $11.95
Metal Milk Crates
Price: M $69.95 – S $49.95
Assorted Flowering Annuals
Price: $13 & Up
Amur Maple Shrubs & Barn Wood Planters
Price: Amur $59.99 – Wood Planters M $116.95; S $74.95
Rustic Serveware & Trays
Price: Trays L $44.95 – S $39.95 – Birch Slices 5″ $2.95 – 3″ $1.95
Large Garden Art Stakes
Price: $44.95 & Up